This blog post was requested by a certain someone who just found out he and his wife are pregnant…hope this is somewhat help. Thanks to babyzone.com I got some month by month tips and what to do when you find out that special news.
In the first trimester it has some good things to check off your list of things to do:
- First step, tell your partner..which seems a little silly because I would hope that you would do that anyways (without needing the check list).
- Another big step…RESEARCH! Find yourself a good baby doctor and start finding some good prenatal exercise programmes. Your baby and body will thank you.
- VERY IMPORTANT next step. Stop any drinking, smoking, crack, heroine, crazy whoring…whatever your dirty habit is that can harm your baby…cut it out.
- Make some friends…I mean you might already have friends..but go find yourself some hormonal prego women in the same boat as you…and make you hubby make some expecting father friends too. It will be good for you in the long run.
- Two word rules: FLU SHOT. DRINK WATER. HUBBY MASSAGE. (threw the last one in there…figured you carry the baby, he can be helpful and give you massages)
- Time to check out baby classes! And not just for you… Hubby needs baby classes as well! Get to it!
- Ladies…this is what you’ve been waiting for….start budgeting for the baby’s room! (squeal with me please…this is the best part!)
- All the good stuff happens starts happening now! So be ready to take baby bump pictures as your tummy begins to grow Facebook album? I think YES!
- Start getting ready for the baby shower! Register at a store…ya know what to do, “OOO and AAA at all the cute wittle baby stuffs!”
- THE BABY SHOULD START MOVING NOW! be excited.
- Time to sit down and develope a birth plan. The time for baby to be here will be sooner than you think…so don’t wait. Just do it so you know the game plan. Hopefully things will run smoother..ya know?
- The age old question: Breast or bottle? Know your feeding options for baby.
- Time to start filling up your house with baby products. Stroller. Baby clothes. Diapers. Bibs. High chair. Car seat. Typical baby things that you will need.
- Time to start packing the “Baby is coming. Go to hospital” bag. Better safe than sorry.
- BABY SHOWER TIME! Make sure you have good friends who buy you the expensive things Just kidding….kind of.
- Have a few set baby names..so that when he/she is born…you don’t go “uhhhh BOB?…oh its a girl…BOBETTE?” Plan ahead with names…have a few set ones. Easy peasy.
- Make sure you’re prepared for the weeks AFTER birth. Don’t need to add more stress to a new baby crying constantly now do you?
- Learn your contractions…if it was me having any form of what I thought were contractions…to hospital Batman!